Sunday, June 1, 2008

Amazed by Innocence...

Today was a wondrous day of discovery, regardless of the level of pain and confusion before I was able to get out of my front door... But the day had a good ending. And here it is...
I had over eight hours with my little girl who is just four years old. My little beacon of light when the world gets pretty crazy. While at work preparing the Monday Edition of The Mountaineer she had a BLAST! A special thanks to Vicki... (keeper of the cards), Sarah (bubble blower-running buddy-fellow power ranger), Nick (crossword player), Chuck (love of Kelly life) and Carol (dance instructor and someone who really understands my little girl loves her guitar and small talk). Thank You Everyone for sharing your time with my Kelly! All of you are amazing!
Photos edited, laptops packed away for the trip home and I ask Kelly is she would like to head out to Lake Junaluska and play her guitar next to the lake and through some rocks into the water like her and daddy like to do... Upon entering the parking lot we see a group of young adults sitting around playing their guitars! And what is the first thing out of her mouth? "Daddy I want to go over there and play my guitar with them!" we got out her out of the car handed her the guitar, she asked me if it would be OK if she could, I obliged and said of course. She IMMEDIATELY walk right over to the young man who looked to be the leader said "Excuse Me- May I play my guitar we you guys?" He said we would love to have you with us". She then sat her guitar on the wall, climbed up spun around picked up guitar crossed her little leg and said "Listen to my song, this is how you play it" and proceeded to strum a very timed strum, well enough that the young man keep doing that right there and started to play the lead part of "Mary Had A Little Lamb" and didn't stop until he finished! I was in AWE! After a couple of songs and tuning her little blue guitar for her I told Kelly that we needed to let them play so that we could sit back listen and learn, we did... and it was AWESOME! The point of the story... Kelly has only recently turned four years old! Though her innocence she sure taught her Daddy a lesson today.

No comments:

Post a Comment